- Created on Wednesday, 30 November -0001 01:00
The CHF Department of Culture is launching a new project – to create a central database on all Croatian folklore and tamburitza ensembles and klapa a cappella vocal bands in the Croatian emigrant communities and minority communities in neighbouring countries.
This database will be permanently accessible on the Croatian Heritage Foundation Internet portal, and, when completed, will find a prominent place in the future Croatian Emigrant Museum. These bands, orchestras and klapa will also be presented in print in our monthly Matica magazine as the data arrives.
The database on Croatian folklore and tamburitza ensembles and klapa will serve – as both address book and signpost – for communication between Croatian associations around the world, including associations in the homeland, and as a means of establishing collaboration, exchanges, tours and various kinds of expert and friendly assistance.
We invite folklore and tamburitza ensembles and klapa a cappella vocal bands in the Croatian emigrant communities and minority communities in neighbouring countries to collaborate with us on this project.
1. A COLOUR PHOTO OF YOUR ENSEMBLE OR KLAPA (with a resolution greater than 250 pix/inch)
2. THE FULL NAME OF THE ENSEMBLE OR KLAPA
3. THE ADDRESS AND E-MAIL ADDRESS
4. THE DATE, YEAR AND PLACE IT WAS FOUNDED
5. NAME OF THE FOUNDER (THE INSTITUTION OR INDIVIDUAL)
6. NUMBER OF SECTIONS IN THE GROUP (IF APPLICABLE)
7. THE CURRENT TOTAL NUMBER OF GROUP MEMBERS
8. THE NAME AND SURNAME OF THE PRESIDENT AND ARTISTIC DIRECTOR(S)
9. THE HISTORY OF THE GROUP (maximum of 1500 characters with spaces) in Croatian and in the official language of the country in which you live)
10. A SHORT DESCRIPTION OF YOUR REPERTOIRE (name of the pieces, the author(s) of the choreography, music, lyrics, the conductor and the like.)
Thanks for you cooperation!
For all further information please contact Srebrenka Šeravić, the head of the CHF Department of Culture, by e-mail: